Travel insurance has become common these days because people travel from one place to another, and the chances of loss of baggage or passport, medical emergencies are not so uncommon.
The travel insurance policy helps in such situations and gives protection to the person against the encounters that they face during the trip.
What is travel insurance?
Travel insurance policy helps in providing coverage for the damages that a person faces while traveling in India or abroad.
It covers the financial loss that a person faces due to theft, medical emergencies, flight delay, and many more reasons like these.
Types of travel insurance:
There are various types of travel insurance which are as follows:
- Student: The student travel insurance helps in providing financial and medical aid to the students who are traveling abroad for their education. The policy will help in covering any emergency that the student faces throughout their stay abroad.
- Domestic: The domestic insurance policy can only be availed if you are traveling anywhere in India.
- Family: This insurance can be brought for the whole family directly, and it covers all the medical and healthcare facilities for the members.
- Group: If you are a group of 20 or more people traveling together, then you can avail of this insurance.
- International: This insurance is applicable for any traveling outside India, as it will help in covering all the damages.
What are all the things that the insurance covers?
- Loss of passport in any situation
- Hijack distress allowance to the passengers
- Hospital cash allowance
- Loss of baggage or any documents
- Delayed flights or any missed flight connections
- Personal liabilities
- Emergency medical situations
Advantages of purchasing insurance:
- Medical expenses: The insurance helps in covering all the medical emergencies that a person faces during domestic or international traveling. It will cover the expenses in cases of injuries, emergencies, or surgeries during the travel. You will get a 24/7 facility depending upon the plan you have for your insurance.
- Baggage mishandling: It is very common for baggage to get misplaced or lost while traveling. If you do not have the insurance, you will lose all the valuables with the baggage, but with the insurance, it will help you cover or reimburse the money for the bag or even replace it with a new one.
- Trip cancellation: The money that you pay for your hotel and flights will be reimbursed if the trip gets canceled due to weather or technical issues.
How do travel insurance functions?
- The person needs to buy insurance before traveling in India or abroad.
- Keep in mind to read all the details, terms, and conditions before taking the insurance because it will help you in knowing the things that will be covered.
- In the case of an eventuality, you will need to file a claim.
- Give the necessary documents to the travel company for the processing of the claim.